I finally put together the door frames for the 1st floor! I needed to get them installed so I could start work on baseboards and panelling.
I started by gluing the basic frame together out of 1/8" bassewood and then I added the decorative molding, corner pieces and plinth blocks. To make sure everything was at exact 90 degree angles I used the best tool I could find...Lego building blocks.
I then added miniature quarter round molding in the transom section to hold the piece of stained glass..eventually!
The next BIG project was the panneling in the Great Room. I cannot tell you how painful this was for me. The deepest part of the Great Room is 34 inches . I had to litterally get into the room to attach the moulding strips...I felt like Alice in Wonderland when she drank the "Drink Me" bottle!
Don't laugh! I'm 6 foot 2 and I was like this for over 8 hours today! It was like a sick form of yoga!
Then came the long, long task of cutting the horizontal pieces. Again I used Legos to help keep the pattern accurate
I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes...I'm just too tired to go over the post tonight.
Have a great week everyone!