Dollhouse Blogs

Sunday 3 July 2011

Dollhouse update and furniture dry run

We just got back from holiday and I thought I'd give an update. Here is what the dollhouse looks like at this time.
The structures for the 1st and 2nd floors are assembled.
The grand staircase is complete.
The ceilings and crown moldings are complete.
The walls are papered ,tiled, or faux-finished for panneling.


 I worked on the plans for this house for 2 years and have been purchasing the furniture for it over the past 6 years. I know it so well I can close my eyes and walk throught the entire house.
Before the crown molding and faux-finish were done, I had a furniture dry run: I took out all my furniture to make sure all the rooms worked. If a set does not work with a wallpaper, it is easier to change the paper before the crown molding and baseboards are in place. Also, I will have to choose flooring soon and I want to make sure the floors I pick don't overpower the rooms since I have bold wallpaper patterns and ornate furniture! Here are a few of the pictures:

Great Room
Master Bedroom

Dining Room

Music Room

Library


1 comment:

  1. Hello Giac!
    Thank you for the kind words about Scott and myself and for adding the link to our site. I am enjoying your progress on that amazing house and look forward to seeing it evolve. Keep up the great work!
    Ray

    ReplyDelete